The stories of how a groom proposes to his bride (or vice versa) are endless, but they can certainly bring a smile to those that hear these tales of love.
How the proposal occurs sometimes comes as a spontaneous act, fueled by the spark of intense desire. Other proposals are narrated by a well-planned, time-consuming, yet creative venture.
Regardless, these stories are usually nestled into the thrones of dramatic fashion. Below are a few proposals that may flutter your heart, and yes…make you smile.
- Proposal One: Use a book to write out sweet memories of the time you and your loved one have spent together, or make an album of pictures of you two together. Then, cut out a section at the back of the book or album. When the book or album is opened to the final pages, inside will sit a dazzling engagement ring.
- Proposal Two: Hot air balloon ride. Find a local company that specializes in these adventures, and make sure your soon-to-be fiancé is not afraid of heights!
- Proposal Three: Trip to New York City’s Rockefeller Center. Pop the question in the middle of the ice skating rink. If you work it out beforehand you might be able to have the ice cleared so that it is only you and your significant other on the ice.
- Proposal Four: Take a trip abroad to London, UK. Ride on the tallest ferris wheel in the Western Hemisphere—the London Eye—and let your loved one know how much they mean to you and ask, “Will you marry me?”
- Proposal Five: Travel to the happiest place on earth! Stay in a resort on site of Disney World in Orlando, FL! There are many places to propose, such as the Rose Garden at the Magic Kingdom (which has a wonderful view of the Castle, and is right below where Tinker bell makes her descent during the nighttime fireworks show). Or take a stroll to the wishing well near the Castle at dusk for a truly romantic proposal. Another option that is absolutely magical involves collaborating with a travel agent that can help you to book dinner before the fireworks show inside the Magic Kingdom Castle! While dining in the Castle, you can arrange for Walt Disney World Cast Members to bring out the engagement ring situated on top of a glass slipper. Then you can propose to your special someone right before you look out the stained glass windows to see beautiful fireworks highlight the sky!